Observation deck B
At observation deck B, young and old alike can experience the fascination of flying close up.
Zurich Airport’s excursion destination offers an array of world firsts, providing exciting insights into the complex connections at Zurich Airport. Our world first – the observation walkway – allows visitors to watch the pilots in the cockpit.
Multimedia binoculars – called Airportscopes – have been developed specially for observation deck B.
They provide background information on fixed and mobile points of interest at Zurich Airport.
The flight information pillars display interesting facts about the aircraft at the stands around Dock B.
There is also a miniature airport for children to discover and where they can play.
Alternatively, you can take your children on a discovery tour: The SWISS Kid’s Tour includes a colouring book – the pilot’s case – with which children can complete twelve exciting stations.
Opening times of observation deck B
|Winter, 26/10/2014 to 28/03/2015||Daily from 09:00 a.m. - 06:00 p.m.|
|Summer, 29/03/2015 to 24/10/2015||Daily from 08:00 a.m. - 08:00 p.m.|
Admission prices for observation deck B
|Young people aged 10-16:||2.00|
|Block of 10 tickets, adults (valid for one year):||40.00|
|Block of 10 tickets, young people (valid for one year):||16.00|
|Annual ticket (transferrable), adults:||60.00|
|Annual ticket (transferrable), young people:||24.00|
- To enter observation deck B, you must pass through the security check – as you would when boarding a flight. To prevent delays, please prepare for this check as you would for a flight (empty your pockets, remove your belt, etc.)
- Observation deck B may be closed at short notice in the event of a storm warning or for safety reasons.
- Dogs are not permitted on observation deck B. Guide dogs for the blind and assistance dogs are permitted.
- Hand baggage with a maximum size of 60 x 40 x 20 cm is permitted on observation deck B.
- Larger items of baggage must be deposited at the left luggage counter next to the Service Center at car park pay station 2.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the security-controlled area of observation deck B.
- For safety reasons, kickboards, skateboards and inline skates are not permitted on observation deck B.
The entrance to observation deck B is next to Check-in 2.
Observation deck E
Observation deck E at Dock E, which is used mainly by long-haul flights, is closed during winter.
|Winter||Deck E is closed during the winter months (26/10/2014 to 28/03/2015)|
|Summer||29/03/2015 to 24/10/2015|