The term „business aviation“ refers to the commercial aspects of general aviation. Most of these flights are operated in accordance with IFR regulations.
All passengers and crew must be accompanied by an authorised handling agent between the aircraft and the GAC/BAC on arrival and departure. Self handling is only permitted with an appropriate licence and under certain conditions.
Prior to departure, all passengers and crew must pass through a security check in accordance with ICAO standards.
Business aviation flights are usually handled by Cat Air Service, DC Aviation, ExecuJet, Jet Aviation and SWISS PRIVILEGE AVIATION SERVICES. Flights handled by Cat Air Service, DC Aviation, Jet Aviation and SWISS PRIVILEGE AVIATION SERVICES are processed via the GAC, while flights handled by ExecuJet go through the BAC. The maximum number of passengers is limited to 24 per flight. Flights with more than 24 passengers must be processed via the terminal.
IFR airport Slots
- On arrival: On block time (arrival at the stand).
- On departure: Off block time (ready for taxi from stand).
- IFR airport slots and flight plan shall match exactly (A-CDM rules)
Booking of IFR airport slots
In order to facilitate the booking procedure for an IFR airport slot, please make sure the following information is readily available:
1. Aircraft registration
2. Inbound and/or Outbound
3. Requested date and airport slot time in UTC
4. Origin and/or destination (ICAO abbreviation)
5. Aircraft type (ICAO abbreviation)
6. Details of whether the flight is for commercial, non-commercial or training purposes
Note: the available IFR airport slot capacity of Zurich Airport and other European airports can be found on online-coordination.com.
IFR flight plan
The IFR flight plan must be submitted electronically in advance by the crew or Dispatch and in accordance with ICAO standards. A correctly filled out flight plan must contain the following information in field 18 (remarks):
- Airport Slot ID
- Duration of stay (for inbound flights)
- Name of the handling agent (e.g. ground time 2 hrs, handling agent XY)