Security is responsible for preventing criminal acts or activities that could cause an airport damage or harm. The aim of security is to prevent unlawful access to or interference with flight and airport operations.
The Airport Security unit of Flughafen Zürich AG is responsible for implementing Switzerland’s National Aviation Security Programme (NASP) at Zurich Airport. To this end, the Airport Security Programme has been devised. Among other things, the Airport Security Programme extends to:
- conducting quality checks to monitor the observance of the security standards specified
- performing risk analyses in collaboration with other security bodies
- monitoring control processes, infrastructure and systems
- devising and defining airport process standards and requirements
- conducting security training and awareness campaigns.