Fresh air prior to departure
The passenger observation decks offer travellers a chance to enjoy some fresh air before departure. Breath-taking views at the heart of flight operations will delight not only aviation fans.
Dock E passenger observation deck
Relax on passenger observation deck E before departure, a great place to enjoy some fresh air and watch the activity. The deck is situated in the middle of the three runways and offers a spectacular view of flight operations. Experience arriving and departing aircraft, mainly long-haul flights, live and up close.
The telescopes on the observation deck enable you to get an even closer view of activity on the apron. The A380 is a highlight and not only for aviation fans. Currently the world’s largest aircraft, it docks in immediate proximity to the observation deck several times a day. Play areas also make the time on the deck fun for children.
Dock E passenger observation deck opening times
|Summer time, 26.03.2017 - 28.10.2017
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
|Winter time, 29.10.2017 - 24.03.2018||daily from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
In summer, observation deck E is open to the public for guided tours and special events on Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays and on public holidays. The observation deck will remain closed to passengers during this time.
- Passenger observation deck E is only accessible via passport control and via the Dock E gate area.
- The weather conditions determine whether or not observation deck E can open.
- If events are being held or if a bad weather warning is issued, observation deck E may be closed at short notice for safety reasons.
- A strict smoking ban applies.
- Dogs are not permitted on the observation deck, with the exception of guide dogs for the blind and assistance dogs.
- For safety reasons, kickboards, skateboards and inline skates are not permitted on observation deck E.
Sports Bar terrace: from 15 July 2017
Al fresco dining
Soon you will be able to experience flight operations as if you were in the midst of it. The Sports Bar terrace will open on 15 July 2017 in the passenger zone between docks A and B. Here you can enjoy a drink or a meal in the fresh air before departure and watch aircraft docking or being prepared for take-off right before your eyes.
The Sports Bar team will serve you on the terrace at tables for standing use, in the seating areas and in a lounge. The terrace covers 175 square metres and is designed to give you a great view of the apron from any spot.