Switzerland's best day trips
Observation Decks B and E are brilliant destinations for family excursions in Switzerland, providing excitement and fascination for both young and old visitors to Zurich Airport alike
Observation Deck B
Zurich Airport’s excursion destination offers an array of world firsts, providing exciting insights into the complex connections at Zurich Airport. Our world first – the observation walkway – allows visitors to watch the pilots in the cockpit.
Multimedia binoculars – called Airportscopes – have been developed specially for observation deck B.
They provide background information on fixed and mobile points of interest at Zurich Airport.
The flight information pillars display interesting facts about the aircraft at the stands around Dock B.
There is also a miniature airport for children to discover and where they can play.
Alternatively, you can take your children on a discovery tour: The SWISS Kid’s Tour includes a colouring book – "With Anna and Tobi at Zurich Airport“ – with which children can complete twelve exciting stations.
Opening times of observation deck B
|Winter, 29/10/2017 to 24/03/2018||Daily from 10:00 a.m. - 05:00 p.m.|
|Summer, 25/03/2018 to 27/10/2018||Daily from 09:00 a.m. - 07:00 p.m.|
Admission prices for observation deck B
|Young people aged 10-16:||2.00|
|Children aged under 10:||free|
|Block of 10 tickets, adults (valid for one year):||40.00|
|Block of 10 tickets, young people (valid for one year):||16.00|
|Annual ticket (transferrable), adults:||60.00|
|Annual ticket (transferrable), young people:||24.00|
|Passengers with a valid boarding pass on day of departure/Arrival:||free|
- To enter observation deck B, you must pass through the security check – as you would when boarding a flight. To prevent delays, please prepare for this check as you would for a flight (empty your pockets, remove your belt, etc.)
- Observation deck B may be closed at short notice in the event of a storm warning or for safety reasons.
- Dogs are not permitted on observation deck B. Guide dogs for the blind and assistance dogs are permitted.
- Hand baggage with a maximum size of 60 x 40 x 20 cm is permitted on observation deck B.
- Larger items of baggage must be deposited at the left luggage counter next to the Service Center at car park pay station 2.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the security-controlled area of observation deck B.
- For safety reasons, kickboards, skateboards and inline skates are not permitted on observation deck B.
The entrance to observation deck B is next to Check-in 2.
Observation deck E
Observation deck E at Dock E, which is mainly used by long-haul flights, is accessible in the summer via the free shuttle bus from observation deck B.
Information on the year-round passenger terrace at Dock E is available here.
|Winter||The shuttle bus to observation deck E does not run in the winter.
|Summer||25/03/2018 to 27/10/2018|