Unique News Flash No. 5 / Development of "Butzenbüel-Area" on track - start of architectural contest
Development of "Butzenbüel-Area" on track - start of architectural contest
Unique (Flughafen Zürich AG) is on track with the development of the "Butzenbüel-Area" and therefore publicly launches an architectural contest. The real estate project is named "The Circle at Zurich Airport". The ultimate decision on whether construction of project will start is planned to be made in 2011, whereas financing structure and strategy will be elaborated within the next 12-15 months. Construction works estimated to start approximately in 2012.
During the last two years, Unique (Flughafen Zurich AG) has conducted detailed studies regarding the utilization of land reserves, attractively located in very short distance to the terminals. Based on the results of these studies a comprehensive test planning was performed, including positioning and potential utilisation mix. As a next step, the architectural contest and the commercialisation can start.
The planned utilisation includes seven modules, whereof the first five will be of main importance for the positioning and the image of "The Circle at Zurich Airport", whereas the Hotel-/Stay Facilities and the Office Facilities will complete the overall concept and idea.
- Health & Beauty (innovative services in this context, mainly addressing an international clientele)
- Education & Knowledge (platform for education for institutions in and outside Switzerland, Think Tanks and research)
- Culture & Events (addressing companies around the theme culture, combined with venue places of up to 1'500 persons)
- Brands & Dialogue (showrooms, test labs and exclusive marketing platforms for companies of the consumer goods and services sector)
- Special Services (offering services for uncommon collectors, art or sport)
- Hotels & Longstay
- Offices & Headquarters
The name "The Circle at Zurich Airport" refers on the one hand to the hill in circular form as well as the planned premium utilization. The remaining large green space on the hill will stay undeveloped area and thus further increase the attractiveness of the place.
Attached please find the full respective Press Release (English version).
Further information as well as answers to questions will be given during the analyst presentation of the annual results 2008 on March 19, 2009.
Please find a media presentation of the project on our website www.unique.ch/thecircle (The presentation will be available after the media conference at around 10.00am).